The Guild of Immortalists – EA Vol. III
Encyclopaedia Avalonia, Vol. VIII …
The Guild of Immortalists cleave to the notion of physical immortality. Believing death to be a mistake, they campaign endlessly for its abolition and once broached the subject with a local Member of Parliament … but discussions broke down almost immediately when, as a committed Conservative, he made clear his views on bringing back the rope.
At social gatherings Immortalists have a tendency to panic when the chit-chat turns to cyclic patterns of birth, life, death and rebirth. Thus they do not mix well with either Servants of the Goddess or Priestesses of the Nine-fold Muse, finding mention of Pluto and Persephone to be far from relaxing and being deeply unsettled by tales of harrowing hell, the Underworld, Hecate, midnight cross-roads and the Morrigan.
The Guild of Immortalists are rumoured to believe that having sex at least twice every 24 hours is a way of retarding the ageing process.
The Guild of Immortalists:
- Tribal motto: “Deus Sex Machina”.
- Tribal refuge: Windmill Hill and (Sundays only) the 4th Dimension
- Favourite colour: Eternal Flame Red
- Favourite TV programme: Dr. Who
- Favourite films: Peter Pan; Bram Stoker’s Dracula
- Favourite dangerous sport: Near Death Experiences
- Favourite saying: “Never say Die”